When Sarah Clark was 28 years old, she received a diagnosis of premature ovarian failure (loss of function of the ovaries before age 40).
At the time she had chronic yeast infections, acne on her previously clear skin, dandruff, and a weird fungal rash on her chest. She didn’t realize until years later that these health conditions were connected to her fertility. She accepted the diagnosis and was fortunate to have both her children with donor eggs.
After her children were born her health began to suffer. She experienced chronic bladder infections, chronic sinus infections, chronic yeast infections worsened, toenail infections, vertigo, seasonal allergies, allergies to multiple antibiotics, and eczema.
Years later she realized the root cause of her infertility was a food intolerance and later a gut infection. She did not discover this link until she was fully in menopause. Her message is one of HOPE. If you are still cycling naturally there are steps we can take with the tools of functional medicine.
Sarah is a certified life coach with accreditation from the International Coaches Federation and a health coach with training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
She is the author of Fabulously Fertile – Supercharge your Fertility Naturally, Fabulously Fertile Cookbook, and Fertility Preparation Program. She is super proud of her Signature Fertility Coaching Program, which includes functional lab testing, supports couples to make diet and lifestyle changes that dramatically improve the chances of a healthy pregnancy and baby!
On her Get Pregnant Naturally Podcast she shares that with a functional health coaching approach and natural fertility solutions we can eventually reverse infertility. Check it out on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play.
In this episode, Sarah Clark talks about:
- Infertility statistics
- Sarah’s infertility journey
- POF – Premature Ovarian Failure
- PMS and pregnancy symptoms
- Fertility treatment success rates
- Over-recommending IVF
- Unknown food sensitivities and toxic exposure
- Stress and infertility
- Functional medicine
- Looking at all aspects of the body
- Coaching couples together
- Elimination diet
- Food sensitivity testing
- Zoomer panel
- Delayed food sensitivities
- Importance of honing in on diet
- Infertility as a sign that the body is trying to protect itself
- Gut health passed down for generations
- Both male and female partners preparing for baby
- DUTCH test for hormone levels
- Low melatonin levels and gut infection
- Stool testing for gut health
- Stressors that impact fertility
- Hair tissue mineral analysis health
- How birth control affects fertility
- Crazy side effects of birth control
- Fertility Friday podcast
- Fertility monitors
- Addressing autoimmune disease before fertility
- AIP diet success in recovering from autoimmune
- Finding and following Sarah
- Addressing mindset for fertility success
- Doing things to prioritize joy
- Mindfully washing your hands
- Educating those around you how to handle your own feelings of infertility