From the first time Dr. Sherry Zhang saw living creatures under the lens of a microscope she fell in love with biology. And today, she still wants to learn more on how life works.
Sherry is a mother, a molecular geneticist and the CEO of the revolutionary new startup called GenoPalate, which uses the latest research in genetics and nutrition to show individuals how to eat healthier based on their genes. With GenoPalate technology platform of genetics-based personalized nutrition, Sherry and her team vision to change how people choose, shop and eat their foods, for better health.
Sherry spent over a decade researching and teaching about the genetic and epigenetic factors that contribute to the alarmingly prevalent obesity and metabolic disorders of our society in the United States and around the world.
Sherry has a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology from Nankai University and a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from Marquette University. Sherry received the 2019 Spirit of Marquette award from her alma mater, was named a HealthTech Innovator of Wisconsin and ‘40 under 40’ by Milwaukee Business Journal.
In this episode, Dr. Sherry Zhang talks about:
- Molecular biology and food research
- Unique combination of biomarkers
- Why GenoPalate was founded
- Avoiding obesity by eating for your DNA
- Biomarker panels
- Finding food freedom
- Determining vitamins and minerals your body needs
- Genetic baselines
- Taking the guesswork out of knowing what to eat
- Finding ways to eat foods you are sensitive to
- Early intervention for quality of life
- Genetic mutations
- Integrating with genetics testing
- GenoPalate home testing
- Geometrics and Nutrigenomics
- Neurobiology markers
- Food maps
- Sequencing the bugs in your gut
- Genetic SNPs (“Snips”)
- Continued updates to clients’ reports
- Favorite case studies
Dr. Sherry Zhang