Dr. Francisco Contreras serves as Director, President, and Chairman of Oasis of Hope Hospital. A distinguished surgical oncologist, Dr. Contreras is renowned for combining conventional and alternative medical treatments with emotional and spiritual support to provide patients with the most positive treatment experience possible.
Dr. Contreras has authored numerous books concerning integrative therapy, cancer, and heart disease prevention and chronic illness, including “The Hope of Living Cancer Free,” “The Hope of Living Long and Well,” “Beating Cancer” and “Dismantling Cancer.” His newest book, “The Art & Science of Undermining Cancer,” was released in October 2020.
In addition to writing for medical journals, Dr. Contreras has participated in medical conferences such as the World Conference on Breast Cancer and is active in the Cancer Control Society. He has addressed governmental organizations, including the Georgia House of Representatives Health Policy Task Force and the Japanese Medical Association. He has also been on special assignment to Slovakia as a member of the Mexican Health Advisory Board.
In this episode, Dr. Francisco Contreras talks about:
- Statistics of cancer diagnosis
- How he became interested in cancer
- Does cancer diagnosis correlate with location?
- Exercise and cancer diagnosis
- How to eat for cancer prevention
- The effect of vegetables on health
- How much protein and what kind should we be eating
- Is soy bad?
- Alternative therapies for cancer
- Does food need to be organic
- Art and Science for Undermining Cancer
- Low glycemic diet
- Sugar is sugar
Dr. Francisco Contreras