Subscribe to Straight-Up Wellness: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
Julie Scholten is a Ketogenic and IIN Health Coach and founder of the Breastfeeding Moms Guide to Going Ketogenic Program.
Julie specializes in helping breastfeeding mamas get back into their pre-baby jeans without affecting their milk supply.
Julie is a wife and mama of 3 little ones from Holland, Michigan.
When she’s not working at www.juliescholtencoaching.com she enjoys camping with the family, sewing, reading and spending time with friends.
In this episode, Julie Scholten talks about:
- Julie’s personal story
- Postpartum anxiety
- Clean eating to treat colitis and anxiety
- Anxiety and stress affecting milk supply
- Ease in conception when going keto
- Pregnancy nutrition while dealing with 24/7 morning sickness
- Pregnancy supplements
- Transitioning back to keto after birth
- How to know if you’re making enough breast milk
- Pumping for supply
- Difference in color and density of breast milk with keto
- Foods to enhance milk supply
- Supplements to boost milk supply
- Add brewer’s yeast and flaxseed to recipes to boost supply
- Macros for breastfeeding moms
- Importance of eating enough food
- Carb intake for breastfeeding moms
- The most important goals for breastfeeding moms
- Getting back to pre-pregnancy weight
- Managing postpartum anxiety with keto
- Boosting energy for breastfeeding moms
- Transitioning from breastfeeding macros to “regular” keto macros post-breastfeeding
- Best advice for mamas who are breastfeeding and want to go keto
The Breastfeeding Mom’s Guide to Going Ketogenic