Subscribe to Straight-Up Wellness: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Podchaser |
Dr. Will Cole, a leading functional medicine practitioner, specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors and customizing health programs for chronic conditions such as thyroid issues, autoimmune, hormonal dysfunctions, and more.
He consults locally in the Pittsburgh area as well as webcam and phone consultations for people across the country and around the world.
Dr. Cole is a health writer for international publications such as mindbodygreen and lectures nationally. He is also the author of the best-selling book, Ketotarian, in which he melds the powerful benefits of a ketogenic diet with a plant-based one.
Dr. Cole is the genius behind the forthcoming book, The Inflammation Spectrum: Find Your Food Triggers and Reset Your System, a revolutionary new plan to discover the foods your unique body loves, hates, and needs to feel great.
In this episode, Dr. Will Cole talks about:
- Functional medicine vs mainstream medicine
- The “functional range” of wellness
- Identifying root cause issues
- Defining the Inflammation Spectrum
- Chronic issues all have an inflammatory component
- One side of the Spectrum to the other side
- Hope for diagnosis
- Lifestyle choices that cause inflammation levels
- Lack of inflammatory balance
- Pregnancy and the Inflammation Spectrum
- Fluctuations of inflammation
- Taking the Inflammation Quiz throughout life
- Additional testing recommendations
- How quickly people can start feeling better
- Larger trajectory of healing
- Environmental toxins and inflammation
- Changing genetic expression
- Having kids take the Inflammation Quiz
- The role of natural supplements in reducing inflammation
- The Inflammation Spectrum tool box
- Finding what you need to live your best life
- Grace and clarity
- Intentionally feeling great
Dr. Will Cole
Dr. Will Cole’s Website