Subscribe to Straight-Up Wellness: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Podchaser |
Carrie Brown is an ex-professional pastry-chef-turned-cookbook-author-recipe-developer-freelance-photographer with a crazy, 4-country, 3-continent-spanning resume which includes such things as a chocolate TV show, a chocolate cookbook, and making pastries for the Queen of England.
She trained at the National Bakery School in London and has now turned her pastry chef talents to creating scrumptious KETO / LowCarb / LCHF food to help the world eat smarter, live better, and put the healthy back into healthy.
In this episode, Carrie Brown talks about:
- Carrie’s story
- Kitchen Essentials when making a ketogenic ice cream
- The science behind making a high-quality ketogenic ice cream
- Why sweeteners are not interchangeable in ice cream recipes
- Differences in milks – taste, texture, and quality of the finished product
- Is alcohol needed in ice cream recipes?
- Carrie’s favorite ice cream
Cuisineart ICE 21
Cuisineart ICE 100