Subscribe to Straight-Up Wellness: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher |
Megan Ramos is a clinical researcher and a therapeutic fasting expert who has spent her career focusing in preventative medicine. Megan’s current work focuses on lifestyle interventions, such as low carbohydrate and time-restricted eating protocols in the treatment of metabolic syndromes and diabetes.
In 2014, Megan co-founded the Intensive Dietary Management Program, which is based in Toronto, Ontario, with Dr. Jason Fung. This fantastic program provides the support, education, and guidance necessary to help folks achieve successful weight-loss, even reversing Type 2 Diabetes naturally through simple lifestyle modifications.
In this episode, Megan Ramos talks about:
- Megan’s six-month journey to healing her Type 2 Diabetes & fatty liver disease
- Fasting – what is it? Debunking the myths
- Dietary protocols that work best with intermittent fasting
- What are the biggest benefits to fasting? What are some chronic diseases that fasting can help with?
- The most common fasting protocols
- What exactly breaks a fast?
- Is fasting bad for women?
- Should people with adrenal fatigue or thyroid disease try fasting?
Obesity Code Network Facebook Group
IDM Program’s Twitter